Windows - Phones - Visionen
WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Druckversion

+- Windows - Phones - Visionen (https://www.wpvision.de)
+-- Forum: WPVision.de (https://www.wpvision.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Forum (https://www.wpvision.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Forum: Ich brauche Hilfe bei ... (https://www.wpvision.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=200)
+---- Thema: WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M (/showthread.php?tid=10881)

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Scotsmantom - 14.01.20

Hi everybody from a very wet Wales today!

My interest is the same as Nautilus. I have two 1020's, one is 32gb and the other 64gb.

I would like to update one to W10M and leave the other on 8.1 to compare the Camera experience.
May I be activated to access updating tools, please?

Thank you

Tom

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - skaarj80 - 14.01.20

Hey there and heartly welcome to our community [emoji6]
The first step is the unlock of your account by our Admin for full access to the website and download section.
The Upgrade to W10m is no big deal, after the unlock, please follow the link „phone Updater“ in my signature, the tool is more or less self explaining and please feel free to ask whatever questions till everything is clear...

Kind regards to Wales,
Thorsten

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - CTHTC - 21.01.20

Hello Tom
and also a warm welcome from me to WPVision.de

Unfortunately I missed your post, so that I could only activate it now.
You can now download and use the mentioned UpdaterTool. So you can bring your 1020 to Win10M.

Best wishes
CTHTC

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Scotsmantom - 22.01.20

Vielen dank.
While I was waiting I found a simpler way on XDA developers.
Tom

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - skaarj80 - 22.01.20

Well, in the the end the result is the Important point in my opinion, so congrats to your new old phone and keep in mind Windows 10 mobile is not designed dir the Snapdragon S4+ in the 1st Gen WP8 Phones, so there could be issues with the resolution of the Camera and graphics issues due to change of Rendering Engine in newer Builds.

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Klaus1979 - 22.01.20

Scotsmantom schrieb:Vielen dank.
While I was waiting I found a simpler way on XDA developers.
Tom

Hallo Scotsmantom, from Wales!

Unfortunately you are too impatient.

Big Grin

It would of course be interesting to know where you are now with your 1020 and which path you have used.

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Scotsmantom - 22.01.20

I am too impatient!!
Using a tool on XDA the 1020 was taken automatically to an old version of W10M.
Then using Interop Tools I brought it up to the latest W10M including January 2020 security update!.
It runs very well indeed. Just as fast as on 8.1.

Ps your quote about " When you eliminate the impossible..." is not by Spock but of course Sherlock Holmes.

All the best and thank you

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - skaarj80 - 22.01.20

Well, as you might know, Gene Roddenberry‘s First Books were published under the synonym Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the Character of Sherlock Holmes was later used for his spare time project Star Trek, so basically... with all listed facts...
Spock is Holmes [emoji2957][emoji16]

Not at all, good point with Sherlock [emoji106]

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Klaus1979 - 22.01.20

Scotsmantom schrieb:I am too impatient!!
Then using Interop Tools I brought it up to the latest W10M including January 2020 security update!.

Ps your quote about " When you eliminate the impossible..." is not by Spock but of course Sherlock Holmes.

Thanks!

P.S.
Aha.

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - nautilus - 23.01.20

Scotsmantom schrieb:I am too impatient!!

Hi,

Great to hear you found other ways of upgrading your phone! :-) I also have Lumia 1020 as you already know from the other thread :-)

Btw, would you please be so kind and share with us which tool/procedure you used for upgrading? And how did you then upgrade it to the latest build using Interop Tools?

And, I'm interested to hear if Lumia Camera app works on the W10M latest update? Did you perhaps notice any other issues?

E.g. I found an issue on my build (WM10 1511 Build 10586.107), I cannot establish Mobile Access Point connection for some reason. It's like as soon as I connect with my laptop to the Access Point I enabled on my phone, I get disconnected from it. Like it should use static IP or something, but I don't have an option to set that on this build.

Thanks in advance.

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Scotsmantom - 23.01.20

Hi here is the link to the instructions and tool to update the Lumia to a version of W10M and then you use Interop Tools to hack registry to get to the very latest release and Jan 2020 security update.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/guide-win10-mobile-offline-update-t3527340

I did notice an issue with mobile hotspot and also I could not get the phone to connect to car by Bluetooth.

The camera works great though and photos go up to Onedrive no problem, both sizes. I also use Google photos Sync on my pc to send these photos to Google photos as well!

regards

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Scotsmantom - 23.01.20

Interop Tools instructions

Follow steps 19-30 in this guide to hack registry and get the very latest W10M

The Lumia 1020 (/920) and continuing Store access in 2020 via W10M...

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - skaarj80 - 23.01.20

Thx

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - nautilus - 23.01.20

Scotsmantom schrieb:Interop Tools instructions

Follow steps 19-30 in this guide to hack registry and get the very latest W10M

The Lumia 1020 (/920) and continuing Store access in 2020 via W10M...

Thank you!!
I might try that registry hack :-)

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Klaus1979 - 23.01.20

Scotsmantom schrieb:Hi here is the link to the instructions and tool to update the Lumia to a version of W10M and then you use Interop Tools to hack registry to get to the very latest release and Jan 2020 security update.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/guide-win10-mobile-offline-update-t3527340

I did notice an issue with mobile hotspot and also I could not get the phone to connect to car by Bluetooth.

The camera works great though and photos go up to Onedrive no problem, both sizes. I also use Google photos Sync on my pc to send these photos to Google photos as well!

regards

Very interesting, I did not know this procedure. An L920 is on the way to me. I will test OUP right away. You should still take a look at the Phone Updater, it has several advantages.

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - CTHTC - 23.01.20

It should be the same as this:
Windows10Mobile - aktuellste Version updaten per RegistryHack

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - Klaus1979 - 23.01.20

CTHTC schrieb:It should be the same as this:
Windows10Mobile - aktuellste Version updaten per RegistryHack

Du Lümmel wolltest ihn ja nicht freischalten, da mußte er nach Alternativen suchen.

😜

WOuld like to update my 1020 to W10M - CTHTC - 23.01.20

Klaus1979 schrieb:Du Lümmel wolltest ihn ja nicht freischalten, da mußte er nach Alternativen suchen.

��

Mea Culpa.
Ich habs echt verpennt.
War diesmal wirklich keine Absicht.